Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Blog update:

Hello all and welcome to our first blog from Huanuco! We have officially moved here- and are in the process of setting up our new apartment. It is quite a process. So far we've bought a bed and mattress and our appliances. Our next goal is a kitchen table and hutch. So far I have no cabinets- so we need something to put the dishes in! Something to sit on would be nice to- since right now our only options are the bed or the floor. No spaghetti in bed. Anyway- we are getting a little more used to the heat here- its a big change from Lima- its sunny and hot right now. We've been struggling through conversations in the stores to buy what we need, though we've made mistakes and I'm sure have been taken advantage of. But hey, not much we can do about that.
The drive out here was good- I actually braved the roads for about 5 hours of the trip! It wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. But it was a relief when David took over.
Please be praying for us during this transitional time of setting up house, making new friends, and learning a new city.
Also praise God with us as we celebrate our 4
th anniversary on the 10th!

Thanks you all- miss and love you.

1 comment:

bolosn said...

YOu are such a blessing. I always feel like I've had a real visit with you when I read your blogs. I miss you so . thanks for keeping us informed so well! love you mom